"For 140 years, the veterinarians of Hagyard-Davidson-McGee Associates, PLLC, have dedicated themselves to the health and well-being of the horse. In 1875, Dr. E.T. Hagyard, a graduate of Professor Dick's Veterinary College in Edinburgh, Scotland, came to Kentucky to treat a valuable shorthorn bull. Impressed with the quality of Dr. Hagyard's services, the shorthorn breeders urged him to move to Kentucky. Struck by the beauty of the countryside and because of the opportunities for himself and his three sons, Dr. E.T. Hagyard came to practice in Winchester in 1876. A year later, Dr. Hagyard moved to Lexington and in 1891, the E.T. Hagyard and Sons veterinary hospital was built on East Short Street.